Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Reaching for the Stars!


Hey!  Remember me?  I’m slacking on my posts so bad, I don’t even know if I have any readers left.  But really, sadly, frustratingly, there has been no goings on in my dating life- online or off.  I’m still emailing that Indian guy, but I’m not that excited about it.  He isn’t really funny at all, and his emails are pretty long so there’s certainly the space for a joke or two.  His last email I just replied to today which was over a week later.  The reason for that was mainly that he didn’t ask me one question in the email so I didn’t really know what to say besides commenting again on the things he was commenting on that I’d said previously.  Ugh.

In real life there has been two minor flutterings of potential suitors.  When I say minor, I mean it’s likely that I’m imagining the slight indication of interest that’s been expressed.  The first guy is a guy at my church.  I served with him at this big volunteer for the city event and we picked up trash in the same group.  Didn’t exchange more than a couple of words, but I knew who he was.  He popped up a few more times since he was really involved and then one day I heard he was an Elder at church because they wanted to have one single person on the staff.  Interesting fellow.  My heart went pitter patter for real when he spoke briefly at the singles retreat last year.  He waved hello at me that weekend.  Then just recently he was- surprise!- a speaking pastor at my church!  My only thought really was that I get to look at him more often and get to know him in this pulpit way.  But we talked three (three!) separate times last Sunday and he can be quoted as saying “Angelina!  You have to go to the retreat this year!!!”.  The only thing is, I got my first good look at his eyebrows and I think he paints them on since his real ones are very thin.  Strange, but something I could live with,e specially since he's a looker otherwise. I could totally be a pastor’s wife.  Right after I become a better Christian.

The second guy is even more of a long shot.  He’s a customer at my work.  He’s a teacher of special ed teens and teaches them how to shop and compare prices- a life skills sort of thing.  The first time I talked to him I just asked what he was up to with all the kids walking around with work sheets.  He leaned in a little close to me and told me about it.  Discreet!  He shops with them once a week and has since then made it a point to say hello to me and come through my line if I’m up there.  We talk about cooking mainly, since its something we both really enjoy.  Did I mention that he’s kind of dreamy?  I was a total creep and got a look at his ID when he got his card out.  Just a year older than me.  Perfect!  Now if I can just bring up this Jesus business to either properly scare him off or make him more interested.  Tricky.  Maybe like “Oh you’re cooking quinoa for the first time?  A personal relationship with Jesus is my best tip for making it come out perfectly.”  Something like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment