Friday, August 3, 2012

My First Second Virtual Date


***The below entry was written about a week ago, but I never got around to publishing it.  An update for the past week's happenings/ponderings will get posted soon enough.

All of the insecurity , uncertainty and cautious hope that I feel after a great first date are exactly all the same after a first Skype date.  We Skyped last Thursday and I didn’t hear from him Friday or Saturday, then couldn’t take it anymore so I sent him a quick email on Sunday, then heard back from him right away suggesting we Skype again this week.  Unlike my last in-person experience like this, he actually followed through with the second date!  But oh, the torments that he made me go through when he was three minutes late calling me!  It didn’t occur to me until 8:01pm that I might get stood up.  At 8:02 I started squirming.  And at 8:03 he called and immediately apologized for calling late.  And of course I had to laugh at him for being sorry like I hadn’t thought a thing of it.

Anyway, he’s really great!  We talked again for over two hours even though he had to get up at 4:00am to have a hernia surgery.  HERNIA SURGERY!  Maybe that’s a sign that he likes me?  We were having some video and sound problems, mostly on my end, and when his end cleared up he said “Well everything looks beautiful on my screen”.  Consequently, I’m sure that he saw me blushing at what seemed to be a slick compliment.

Last night I had a pretty vivid dream where I was woken up by him on Skype and he said that he’d rather not talk to me like this anymore but would rather email because somehow he didn’t feel like he was being himself with me.  In both mediums, but especially video chatting.  He did add, just to confuse me further, that he’d like to meet me in person soon.  In the dream I felt both disappointed in him and completely to blame for his attitude.  

I've maybe got some issues?  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment