Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Post Where Everything/Nothing Changes a Paragraph In.


Here we go again.  Again.  Again!!! 

The Skype guy has disappeared for (what is obviously now) forever.  He had his hernia surgery and wrote me to tell me that it hurt to stand up, I wrote right back and said that God must have wanted me to suffer with him since I threw my back out the day after his surgery.  I waited for his reply.  A week later, both worried that something happened in his recovery and worried that he was flaking on me, I checked his profile to see if he’d been active lately.  He’d been online only hours before.  My last email was on the 29th and I haven’t heard back from him for just about two weeks now. 

Well… actually I had to jump on the “freesite” to check the date and guess the frack what?  He emailed me a couple of days ago.  Like a really long email.  BUT did not say anything like “Hey sorry it took me so long to respond”, but merely picked up like he didn’t miss eleven beats (days).  And it’s only long because he was telling me a mildly funny story about his bowel movements post surgery and to get all super analytical about a link I sent to him about rediscovering joy at church with a video of a worship band I thought was rad.  Apparently the website has a lot of other articles on it that are maybe questionable theologically.  He brought up all this stuff that didn’t have anything to do with what I had actually asked him to look at, and then asked me what I thought about several of these articles I don’t know anything about.

So right now I feel like he’s given me a lot of homework to do, just so I can respond with an educated opinion on these questions.  An opinion that might not be the same as his in every case.  My one hesitancy about this guy before The Great Silence was that he described himself as “very conservative” politically.  I tend to be middle-of-the-road to liberal myself so I was worried about when this would come up.  It coming up immediately following his offending me with his half-interest is totally not how I want to start the conversation.

What the heck do I do now?  I’m not good at pretending nothing ever made me upset.  That’s pretty much what took the wind out of my sails for that date where I was 100% sober. So do I tell him that he sucks?  Do I just try and get over the slight and start talking to him again?  Do I wait three weeks before responding to his email, just to get the hand?  I hate dating and boy do I hate long distance "not that into me" guys.  Thanks, but I can (and do) get that in my own city.

This is the part where you give me advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment