Monday, February 27, 2012

Contents Include: Kittens and The Date Where Someone Else "Did It".

In the past couple of weeks not a whole lot has happened, but here is the briefing:

Crazy-looking bearded guy finally wrote me again after our first date saying we should hang out again when he’s in town.  I said “Sure!” and am waiting for a follow up email.  I’m not all giddy like I would have been for a second date with "Mark" (see Three Men and a Maybe post), but he seems like an interesting fellow and it can’t hurt anything to get to know him better.

On the not-free site there has been another “guided communication” with a new man.  His profile pic has him lying with a kitten snuggling up under his neck.  A cheap shot on his end?  Yes.  Effective?  Yes.  We’ll have to see if he makes it past the last phase where I lost the other guys.  I’m also rethinking my standard question about what is his relationship with money.  I’m afraid it has had the opposite effect where men think I want them to have lots of money to spend on me.  How do I take that one back with the guys it maybe drove away?  Can’t.  But I can’t worry about it either; I can just ask a better question.  Money is really personal anyhow, so maybe it was too soon to ask something like that.

The one guy who made it past the money question and whose first email to me I grumbled about on my last post still hasn’t phoned me.  So what I did was use the “Secure call” feature to give him my number instead of calling him like he asked.  Can’t worry about that one too much either.

But tonight I am going on a date!  A friend date…

*Argh!  I wrote that last line and then went away to Indiana for the weekend.  Without my computer for 24 hours was megasweet!* 

Anywho, my friend date was with my male friend/exroommate/notpotentialboyfriend.  We saw “Spring Awakening” which is a musical play about sex and being a teenager.  The man that did the music is my dream husband Duncan Sheik so I’ve wanted to see it since I heard about it (years ago!).  I found two incredibly cheap tickets almost a month ago and the closer it got to the day the more I worried about who to invite.  I invited my buddy because he isn’t a Christian and likes things like this and also would be reliable for good conversation about it afterward.  I realized that a sex-themed play of uncertain levels of graphicness would not be good for a real date.  But I’d find out real quick how stodgy a guy is by sitting next to him during this play!  My dude friend was the right choice, even if he did giggle during the sex scene.  My ideal man would love engaging in art with an open mind and an analytical eye.  And if he shielded his eyes from the sex scene then I’d know I had a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment