Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Loving People. Especially Dream Man if He Shows Up.

Happy Valentines Day!  It’s 8pm and I’m about to go to sleep.  Because A) I’m working my third 5am shift in a row tomorrow and B) because I don’t have a good reason to stay up late and lose sleep.  I am a single girl on a couple’s holiday.  I am the girl who bought a bottle of Anniversary Ale (potent beer) and a bottle of Red Wine.  I am the girl who bought herself flowers and chocolate-based dessert.  I am the girl who has never had a honey on this day of the year.  But I am also the girl who went on with her day, felt especially flirted with by one of her managers, who taught her roommate to make guacamole and then made him a rosemary sparkling soda, who ate leftover BBQ Pulled Pork sandwich for dinner and drank 1.5 glasses of wine while watching a slasher movie, then ate that chocolatey dessert with fresh blueberries.  Mmm.

It’s funny that the above manager said he didn’t understand why any girls were single, as if anyone tolerable-looking would have dozens of men waiting earnestly for her to answer his calls.  It’s also funny that he was all complainy about being single and how there were so few single girls at work, yet I didn’t feel that upset today about my lack of prospects.  It didn’t even bring me down or tempt me to complain that our boss hired nearly all taken men too.  Good day I think.  Flowers were cut for three water glasses that I placed around the house for my roommates to enjoy.  I’m spreading love around.  Because why not?

And yes I realize that my manager was being way obvious.  But he’s a sweetheart, so it’s not creepy.  It is disappointing and not at all tempting since he is highly, highly not my type.  Too bad.

Time for bed where hopefully Joseph Gordon-Levitt will be waiting for me.  In my dreams I mean.  Not in my bed.  Though I really really wouldn’t mind if that’s a part of my dream.  

No comments:

Post a Comment