Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Date, a Dream and a Dread.

Welp, I met the crazy-looking musician.  Fake name uh… Joe.  He was actually pretty cool!  I didn’t feel very much romantic whirlyness but he was interesting and maybe a little shy.  We saw this comedy play called The Foreigner and I was kind of charmed by the fact that he was laughing louder and more often throughout the play than anyone else there.  Thankfully we got there early so we had time to chat and get to know each other.  Date highlight: Joe had this necklace with a tiny harmonica on it and I said it reminded me of those old cartoons where the Saint Bernard had the hot chocolate barrel on his collar.  He laughed and said something like “This man needs some rhythm STAT!”.  Good times. He ended the night with the ol’ “Let’s do this again soon” which was received with cheerful support by myself.  This of course, does not mean I’ll ever see or hear from him again so I’m just going on with my life and trying not to think about it! 

But of course I’m still thinking about boys because I am essentially still a 16 year-old girl.  There are even a few real life (not online) boys that I talk to sometimes at church.  One is Asian so of course I prefer him over my usual skinny white & bearded type, but only mainly because I would love a completely racially confused baby.  I’m half Hispanic and half White, so that would be like the greatest baby ever.  Like the baby of the future.  Just without the jet pack and self changing diaper. 

On another note, the day dreaded by all singletons is waiting crouched behind a corner with a big “nobody loves me” hammer, just waiting to wail on me for one special day.  This month has already produced three different engagements of friends of mine.  This month.  THREE.  It’s five days into the month!  How does this happen all the time?  Where are people meeting people?  How are people keeping other people interested in them?  I feel like I’m missing something, like I was sick the day they taught everyone how to date in high school.  I don’t even know how (and especially not when) to graciously let a guy pay for stuff.   Ooh!  Storytime!

Once upon a time I met a guy at a “Thirtysomethings” gathering at my church.  We hit it off, I get home and find a friend request from him on FB and an email asking if I’d like to get “coffee or something”.  That turns to dinner at a fancy taqueria, but one where you order at the register and then have your food brought to you.  I step up to order and the lady asks ME if we are on separate checks.  He’s standing back and doesn’t hear so I look at her and whisper “I don’t know!  Uh…… no?”.  So I got to be the awesome girl who made her maybedate pay for her.  He never asked me out again, but did give me the ol’ “Let’s do this again soon”.  The End.  

No comments:

Post a Comment