Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Three Men and a Maybe

This is pretty great.  So I've been on this other FREE dating site for maybe a year now and have met two and a half men on there (more on that later) and have now secured an evening out with this crazy hippy looking blues musician who said he was floored by my profile.  I'd mentioned a handful of my interests on my profile and as he read it realized that he was enjoying about four different things that I enjoyed at that exact moment (basically a specific book, beverage, wine and food).  But he looks like a hippy lunatic (which is strangely sometimes my type) and is very often out of town/the country on "gigs" and understandably is therefore just looking for friends only.  Fine by me.  I just wanna be “out there” and doing stuff!  More new men in my life will at least keep me optimistic, even if we’re just drinking coffees and going to the theatre.  Which is what was proposed actually, so he’ll at least be a person that I can get to accompany me to all these plays I’m always wanting to see! 

Oh I guess I can follow up immediately on the 2.5 men statement above.  The first guy I met was when I was trying to utilize the site to meet “new Christian man friends”.  He wasn’t very attractive to be quite frank, but he was wanting to get back into church again and I felt it my responsibility to befriend him.  He also seemed like someone I might enjoy as a friend.  Then he got really weird on me after hanging out a couple of times and I found myself (possibly irrationally) afraid of him.  Haven’t seen him since.  

Second guy was someone we’ll call Mark.  He was overwhelmingly my type (which never never happens!) and asked if I wanted to grab a beer within his first email.  We went out once and I thought everything went perfectly, I even nearly embraced a stranger while gliding down the street in bliss on the way home.  Mark asked me to call him next week.  I texted him the next day (bad idea?) thanking him for the drink and wishing him a grand weekend.  Never heard from him.  I rallied all courage to call him and plainly ask him out again- got voicemail.  He texted back saying we should make plans for such and such day.  The day comes and he’s feeling too tired.  I text have a good night’s rest or something and wait for a follow up from him.  It never comes and I am done putting myself out there.  Ouch.

The half guy I’ll call Luke.  This guy’s profile pic has him in suspenders with a really awesome red and white beard (you’d have to see it) and glasses.  I look it over and think that he’s a little too hip and good looking for me.  Then I see him at a Resurrection Dance Party on Easter (true thing) and it takes me a while to place him.  I get home and look at this site to be sure and- yup that’s him!  He noticed me notice him so I emailed him on there saying “I knew I recongnized you!”.  We emailed a bit and he made a failed effort or two to come out to a couple of group things that I organized.  We’ve still never actually met.  I’ve even been in the same room with him at a baptism picnic but was too terrified of him to go up and say hello.  I don’t even know if he saw me there.  He likes things I say on Facebook sometimes.  Has made no effort on his part to try and meet me for real.  And though we have mutual friends and may meet one day, his lack of urgency makes me pretty unhopeful of a romantic attachment.

Step right up third and a half man!    

No comments:

Post a Comment