Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Terrifying Day Trip, Easy Bravery and Filler Posts

Is it possible to be pessimistic and optimistic at the same time?  If you read my last entry I think I did an excellent job of representing both camps.  Despite being the day of the most epic snowstorm that we’ve seen so far this year, my birthday turned out well enough.  Two of my trusty male friends braved the snow to show up for dinner and another friend made a later appearance to show her support of my advancing age.  It was a good birthday after all!  I treated my nerd self to an afternoon at the Museum of Science and Industry and on the drive home found a new appreciation for life while driving in a blizzard on the highway.  I kissed my threshold and then spent the rest of the day cooking for the one to six people that might show up.  This is the dessert I made: http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-sticky-spiked-doubleapp-66619.  Honestly even if it was a terrible day, ending it with this and a DVD would have been amazing. 

In the online dating category there has been absolutely no activity.  I tried to expand my criteria and am now open to being rejected by men as far as 60 miles away.  Maybe that will bear more fruit!  Also my race preferences have been expanded to include Pygmies and human-animal hybrids so there’s that too.   Like always “I’ll just wait and see”.  I did email another man who updated his profile to say his account was expiring soon.  He seemed really funny and into the whole Jesus thing like me so I thought why not?  I hadn’t contacted him yet for two reasons.  First, that he was too good-looking.  I don’t know why I have a heart shrug when I see those guys.  Maybe I just have poor self esteem and confident people intimidate me.  Second reason is that unfortunately I get to see who has viewed my profile and it shows that he saw mine over a week ago and chose not to contact me.  The great thing about online dating is that getting rejected when you put yourself out there is easier to deal with because it’s not someone you’ll be likely ever to see again and really not someone you’ve seen ever anyway.  It costs little to be brave and that’s awesome.

If there is continued inactivity I think I’ll write you all some charming anecdotes from my dating life so far.  And if it lasts longer than the material I have I’ll post some clips from past journal entries that I think are funny.  If it lasts longer than THAT material I’m just going to post about what I’m having to eat for every meal of the day.  Any longer than that and… well no, that could go on for years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment