Friday, January 6, 2012

Profiles and Pictures That Need to Ignite ASAP.

First of all- one payment of $203.70 for 6 months?!?!  I am nothing if not stingy, but that's rough for anyone!  Well I can’t let this stop me from paying for a husband/series of terrible dates.  Right?

Luckily I felt very introspective as I answered the many questions about myself.  I think I came off as funny, a strong believer, an obsessive baker, a nerd (as Battlestar Galactica was in my top 3 TV shows), a wino and impatient with unreliable men.  In a word, I came off as ME!  We’ll see what the world of cybermen think about that.

My profile is now 98% complete (don't ask what I missed cuz I've got no clue) and I've "smiled" at some fellows, answered generic questions a few matches sent me and done some browsing among the selection of 67 matches.  Lots of cuties out there!  Am in com stage two with three men.  Things are moving rapidly I think.

Since I want this blog also to be about my experience as a single gal in her 30’s, I would like to take this opportunity to mention a lovely visit from my supercute landlord today.  Decked out in my ugliest Pjs with wild unkempt hair, I ventured out of my bedroom in the morning (er, 11am) to find Mr. installing a new intercom system in my entryway.  This is great news!  Now I can buzz up “Elaine and George” just like on the TV!  The interesting part though is when he tells me that a new business has finally moved in on the bottom floor.  A wedding photography business.  Not the worst news until I leave for the day and see three pictures of “happy couples” rubbing their happiness in my face in the window.  A window I’ll have to look at every DAY!  I think I’m going to name the couples so I can mentally belittle them when I need to.  Or give them an unhappy couple story so I don’t start and end the day with envy.  Humor is the salve of bitterness right?

Also on my mind is this six month commitment I’ve gotten myself into with this site.  I surprisingly suffer from bouts of mindless optimism, so I worry that I’ll shell out those bucks and then meet someone next week in real life.  I hate wasting money!

No comments:

Post a Comment