Thursday, January 5, 2012

Before the Beginning Comes the This Part

So I’m going to seriously commit to online dating.  

The purpose of this blog is to write about my experiences for interested readers and to make the experience more interesting than it might turn out to be.  I love stories and I often think about my life as a story.  I once even found it helpful to imagine that my love life is like a really (really) long intro in a fairy tale.  Never having been in a relationship is like a spell that’s been cast over me and I’m waiting for that prince whose kiss will break it forever.  Oh yeah, that is a true fact right there.  I’ve done lots of smooching in these 31 years, but never had more than a few dates with any given man.  And I think of it as akin to a spell because I don’t feel like I’m running from good potentials.  None of them were ever even close to being right.

Online dating is super weird too.  I’m not that excited about it honestly and I’m not very confident that it will bear any fruit in the end.  But I think the experience will add to my story no matter what.  Dating is horrible, hilarious, unbearable, exciting, it destroys your self esteem and makes you dance like Gene Kelly down the street after a good date.   Writing about it will be therapeutic.  I hope that reading about it will be entertaining for everyone else.

So here I go!  Starting with that mulitmonth subscription for love and entertainment!  On to the profile writing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment