Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lots of "Fit" Fellas and Longing for More Periods.

Oy, I’ve looked at so many profiles that I can’t even tell who’s good looking anymore.  Guys with way too many exclamation points became the unattractive ones.  Guys whose “Can’t stands” that they sent me included “people who are excessively overweight”.  This is over choices like “racist”, “suffering from addictions” and “mean-spirited”.  Guys who list “America” as one of the top three things that they are thankful for.  America’s great for lots of reasons, but we’re pretty messed up in just as many ways thank you very much.  And can I just say that way too many men love working out/staying fit?  For what?  For your horrible shirtless shot where I “get to see” your abs?  The exercise I get is at work, a ridiculous amount of walking and stirring a thick batch of cookie dough.  In this way I am not compatible with tons of Christian men in Chicago.  I’m also suspicious that men want a partner who shares their value in exercise because they (unlike above man) are too polite to say they don’t want to date a big chick.

This whole process is kind of strange so far.  “Guided Communication”, as they call it, starts with three questions you’d like to ask (selected from a set list), then moves on to “Must Haves and Can’t Stands”, afterwards leading into the “Open-ended Questions” that you have the power to write yourself or to just again pick from a list.  I’m at OEQ with two men now and I asked them both two self-written questions: “What is your relationship with money?  Do you consider yourself frugal or do you often treat yourself to nicer things?” and “What are some of your favorite TV shows?”  Men who have a lot of money and spend it on themselves ick me out.  So here’s a way to see what’s up there.  And I love good TV and my ideal match would have the same taste in shows as me.  The last question I chose from the list and it said something like “When it comes to your career, are you doing what you love?  If not, what would you rather be doing?” .  I think that is a great question!  Tell me your dreams stranger!

No comments:

Post a Comment